5 Benefits of Having an Efficient HVAC System

Do you know what consumes the most energy in your home? It’s your HVAC system! In fact, one study done in North America found that households spend over $2,000 every year in energy bills mostly from heating and cooling their homes. How can you make sure your energy bills fall below that average? The answer is: With an efficient HVAC system from Servicexcel. If your current system is over 10 years old, or in constant need of repairs, it may be time for a new one, and you could experience great benefits for many years to come!

Cost Savings

Most importantly, an efficient HVAC system will save you money on your monthly energy bills. Efficiency of air conditioning systems is measured by SEER rating (seasonal energy efficiency ratio). The higher the SEER rating, the more efficient your system is.

Furnaces measure efficiency by AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency) percentages. Older units typically operate around 65% AFUE, leaving 35% of energy wasted. Many of the high-efficiency systems we install operate at up to 97.3% AFUE, saving you tons of money and increasing your comfort.

Increased Comfort

Our high efficiency systems include variable speed compressors which means less cycling on and off to save you money, control humidity, and consistently keep your home comfortable. Variable speed compressors also provide you with increased air flow from every vent in your home. You’ll experience more even heating and cooling throughout every room of your house.

Quiet Noise Level

If you have an older system, you probably hear rattling and rumbling when it starts up and as it runs. New technology includes sound-absorbing equipment features to ensure you’re not disturbed by any distracting noises in the comfort of your home.

Positive Environmental Impact

Energy efficient systems use less electricity and burn less fuel than older systems. As a result, there is less reliance on carbon-intensive power plants, less carbon dioxide emissions, and more conservation of natural resources. Leaving a positive impact on the environment is icing on the cake!

Government Incentives

The CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program is offering a rebate of up to $3,000 for switching to a central system air source heat pump.

A properly installed heat pump is two to three times more efficient than other alternatives, and can provide you with both heating and cooling for today’s hot summers. A $500 electrical service upgrade rebate is available when converting your fossil fuel primary space or water heating system to an electrical primary space or water heating system.  For more information, see What is a heat pump and what are its benefits?

Contact Us

Servicexcel has served homeowners on Vancouver Island for more than 20 years. We specialize in making your home or office comfortable and can keep you comfortable throughout every season!

For more information, contact us at info@servicexcel.ca or call us at 250-760-0898! Also, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!

Check out our Google Reviews!